The strategies involve the following:
Documents and Resources
The development of a road network cannot be complete without a sound and sustainable program for its maintenance.
There are three main processes that are in use.
- Planning of Road Maintenance - Road Inventory and Condition Survey (RICS) used to assess the condition of a road.
- Prioritization of Roads to be maintained - This is done with the involvement of Stakeholders for buy-in.
- Funding for the Road Sector
- Sources of funds for road maintenance -
The main source of funding for road maintenance include Roads Maintenance Levy Fund and Transit Tolls, and is managed by KRB.
- Sources of funds for road development -
The main source of funds for roads development are: is; Government of Kenya, Development partners/Donors